Monday, April 9, 2012

book review: shatter me



shatter me by tahereh mafi is my latest read. with my personal library at home in england i have taken to combing the local charity shop for books to make myself a mini american library. honestly this one has been sitting on my shelf for a while whilst i got through everything else on my reading list but in this case i unknowingly saved the best till last. its described as x-men meets the hunger games and does not disappoint.

juliette has the power to kill with her touch (very similar to rogue from x-men) and those in power of a barren wasteland of a world (like the hunger games panem) want to use her as a weapon. struggling with her own sanity, her feelings towards others and her fight to find her place in the world the book acts as a diary for juliette.

i loved this book, its fast paced with lots of action, has good guys you fall in love with and bad guys you want to punch (wait till you're introduced to warner) although the book ended a little quickly for my liking it left an amazing opportunity for an equally brilliant sequel - destroy me by tahereh mafi out oct 2012 - cannot wait :D

do you have a favourite book that you couldn't put down and simply had to finish in just one sitting? let me know, leave a comment below x x x

4 comments:

  1. Last book of the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I read the whole thing in a day, barely put it down, and made my hubby make dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (PS) Hi! I must follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou thats so sweet and thankyou for all the lovely comments :D

      Delete