Thursday, May 31, 2012

style me may week 4

so here we are the final instalment of the style me may challenge. i have throughly enjoyed this challenge and if its repeated i will definitely be joining in. this month has really made me appreciate what i already have in my wardrobe and what new ways i can mix it up a little with out spending a penny. i managed to discover things i didn't know i had and found things i had forgotten i bought lol. so here is my final style me may week :D


day 23 - all black like a spy
all black has to be the classic LBD. my go to little black dress is short, fitted with little cap sleeves. whenever i throw this on i feel amazing. and it so easily accessorised, with black as a base colour any additional colour goes.

day 24 - a new hairstyle
this hairstyle has graced the catwalks all through winter and spring, so when a new hairstyle challenge came up i knew it was about time i tried it out. the result, the top knot now graced my head nearly every working day. having danced since i was little the ballet bun is no stranger to me but the top knot is easier still. simple pull everything back and let your face do the talking. another great thing is when i sleep in it the next morning i have gorgeous waves :D

day 25 - an era gone by
 unfortunately i'm not really an owner of vintage clothes so instead for this challenge i decided to imitate an era gone by. here i love the beaded accessories. this shrug i got from topshop a while ago but i just love it, throw it on top of a white cami and jeans and presto instant glamour.


day 26 - top it off with a hat
this was one of my lovely purchases from home. i love hats and the best thing is they actually suit me (hate it when i love a style but it just does nothing for me). this particular one was from new look and was in the sale for a whooping £3!!! it is so soft and a lovely teal colour.

day 27 - all about your waist
again another easy one. being a curvy girl i am always making the most of my waist to show off my hourglass figure and as you can see from the contents of my drawer i have quite a few to choose from. whether i'm wearing jeans, skirts or dresses there is usually a belt thrown in there too :D

day 28 - mixing patterns
mixing patterns was another challenge i loved mainly because it showed me how far i have come in terms of my sense of style but also what i am willing to try or experiment with. as i have said before there was a time when i was not comfortable with my body and decided the best way to make myself feel comfortable in my own skin was to cover it in layers of dark unflattering clothes. hopefully you will agree with me that i have put that way behind me. so for this challenge i thought i would share the contents of my colourful, patterned wardrobe.



day 29 - oldest piece
i am lucky enough to have something that belonged to my great grandma that i actually remember her wearing. this ring was always on her little finger and i would always ask about why she wore a ring on that finger, oh the things we come up with as kids. after we lost her my mum gave me this ring because i always loved it. i don't wear it as it feels too special to but when i have it in my hands i always feel that much closer to my nana.

day 30 - fancy
short comment this one i'm afraid. mainly because you say the word fancy and i say the word lace :D

day 31 - never paired together
the one phrase i always heard when growing up in regards to fashion was that you never mix spots and stripes, like how you never mix colours and white, until colour catcher came along. well the same has to be said for spots and stripes, i love the combo, very daring but if you pull it off amazing, sure fire way to turn heads :D

hope you girls have enjoyed the style me may month. i loved it and had a blast doing it. if you want to rediscover your wardrobe this is definitely the task for you. you don't even had to do it within the right month or in the right order, just do it for yourself :D x x x


  

No comments:

Post a Comment