Friday, July 6, 2012

feeling all american

feels like forever since i've done a high five for friday post with Lauren at from my grey desk, and what with me joining my host family on the east cast for their summer holiday it has been a couple of weeks. its nice to get back to normal and think about all the good things that have happened this week :D

 1. the best thing about long flights, i have a legitimate excuse for buying a ridiculous amount of fashion magazines to keep me occupied. its safe to say after reading all of these my wishlist is now as long as my arm lol

 2. my go to snack for the summer, hummus and pitta bread. i have lived off this stuff all week, even my host kids are getting curious about it so i may have converter my three little ones by the end of the week.

 3. i officially love american holidays :D i spent july 4th out a lake sammamish, enjoying the sunshine and all of the amazing food put on by a friend of my host dad. i felt truly american enjoying the holiday lake side with a beer (only thing i didn't do was jump in the lake, the sun may have been shinning but its safe to say i would have froze lol)





























4. come wednesday night i met up with some friends to enjoy the amazing fireworks over lake union in gas works park. omg it was so crowded, i think the whole of seattle was trying to fit inside the park. the fireworks were so good and being put to music we managed a little boogie in there too, and yes we got some odd looks for it lol

5. what with flying back on monday night, july fourth on wednesday and a family reunion starting friday afternoon, my work load has been really light this week so i'm off to enjoy the weekend, hope you enjoy yours too :D x x x

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I buy magazines for trips! 1) That's the only time I buy them and 2) I feel like I need to buy every piece of clothing in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right the only problem now is i still want to buy that many magazines, have to remind myself im not on my hols anymore lol

      Delete
  2. That hummus and pita bread looks amazing- I'm going to have to pick myself up some! I love long flights too- espeically long flights by myself. It's such a great time to just read and relax and not have to talk to anyone. Just found your blog and have loved looking around and getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for following :D long flights are the best, i flew home to the uk a couple of months ago and it was pure bliss just me my headphones and my kindle for like 9 hours, love lol i popped over to your blog, the baby shower pics are great love the pin the baby game and i love the book reviews, im trying my hand at a couple of those at the moment :D

      Delete