Friday, August 3, 2012

book review: beastly


today i'm writing my now weekly book review to link up with heather from blonde undercover blonde for book club friday. i just wanted to take a minute to say i love this link up. i am an avid reader but having this book review means that i can share my love with others and recommend books i have adored and see what else is out there book wise to broaden my horizons. its so nice when i people say they are going to try a book i have wrote about after reading my review, so a huge thank you to anyone reading this :)

so this week i read the other little gem i found in the free paperback section of my local library, beastly by alex flinn. i remember when the movie version of this book came out the other year and honestly i wasn't to fussed about seeing it however this book is great. based loosely on the classic disney story beauty and the beast but set in modern day new york it tells of kyle, later named adrian, your typical popular hot teen, and lindy, the invisible girl in the year. they make a very unlikely pair until the witch in their year turns kyle into a beast for his unkindness. he retreats into seclusion so no one will know about him being a beast and having lost faith in breaking the curse with true loves kiss, that is until lindy is forced to move in with him.

 i loved this! it follows the disney story to a point even with a library and a gorgeous ball gown being woven into the story line. after having read this i also found the film online and had to watch it. as with most of the amazing books i have read i preferred the book to the film, although watching alex pettyfer for an hour and a half wasn't exactly a negative lol.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard mixed things about the movie, but heard a lot of great things about the book. It's definitely one I've been wanting to read for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the film was good but not great, although it had quite a few famous faces in it, but as a huge disney and beauty and the beast fan the book was right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the film and I really liked it a lot. I just haven't gotten around to reading the book yet, but it is on my massive TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the book is really good, definitely worth a read if you've seen the film :) my reading list is so huge is ridiculous but id moan if i had nothing on in lol :)

      Delete
  4. Hooray for book reviews!! I'm a total bookworm too, and this book sounds FUN!! Btw, if you're interested, I'm hosting my very first blog party Oct 1st, and it's all about books! I'd love it if you took a peek :)
    ~April
    Dimplesanddelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah for bookworms :D it was very interesting i love a good take on old fairytales :D the book blog party sounds amazing so up my street ill so be there :D

      Delete