Friday, September 21, 2012

all the colours of the rainbow

now we all know that i have a little problem when it comes to nail polish as i have admitted it lots of times, the problem is i just love the little bottles and the array of colours but i may have found a way to help my tiny problem...i got my sister into them too lol so now its her who is buying them with a little encouragement from me lol :) so when she came for a visit this week and we stopped in at walgreen's we (mainly me) had no problem filling her basket and the best bit shock shock horror horror she had never tried essie! so it was off to the essie counter we went and came back four bottles heavier for her.



she picked out these gorgeous colours (L-R) turquoise & caicos, play date, wicked and a cut above from the lux effects collection and i may have also picked up turquoise & caicos after trying out hers and seeing this lovely contrast manicure she gave herself :) for my actual pick this week for favourite nail polish and entry into the fabulous but evil and my vickilicous life nails file link up is not an essie product but a maybelline colour show nail lacquer. my newest addition is from the limited edition fall line in the shade 710 metal icon. this immediately caught my eye in the shop and for me is the perfect shade for fall. metal icon is a silver bronzy shade that is full of both polish and glitter so that after two coats the nail is opaque but still has lots of sparkle.

another little revelation this week and a confession...as my sister came for a visit we decided to have a little pamper day and go and get our nails done (acrylics for her and a manicure and pedicure for me). the salon used all OPI products, something i have yet to experiment with as i am more than happy with my current favourite brands but after having jade is the new black in my pedicure and melon of troy on my finger nails and having them last a good five days without chipping i am seriously interested in the brand. on the other hand i have also read that using a base coat, nail colour and top coat from the same brand makes the polish last longer? any ideas, i'd love to know what experience you have had with OPI or if it really is the same brand manicure thing???



30 comments:

  1. Love the Essie polishes! Your nails are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Turquoise & Caicos! It's such a fun color! I love it paired with the purple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a pretty colour, i had looked every where for minty candy apple (very similar but paler) and couldnt find it anywhere this was a great alternative :D

      Delete
  3. My daughter and I are nail polish junkies. We love Essie! :-). Marci...www.lifewithjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome polishes! Thanks for joining the Blog party :)

    Lovely blog! Following back <3

    http://indefinitestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou and your welcome its a great link up :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely blog you have here! New follower from the friendstofollowers blog hop :) Im over at www.makemeupmandy.blogspot.com ! Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the essie colors! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, even tho i bought turquoise and caicos i am loving the pink sparkle :D

      Delete
  7. Really love the name of your blog, and i desperatley need to purchase an essie polish :)

    following you now..Follow back ?
    elizakklozet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou, its two names my friend used to call me as i'm so pale lol so i popped them together and thought hey that works lol thanks so much for following :) i love essie, i'd definitely say give it a try :D

      Delete
  8. Ahhhh a girl after my own heart - I also have a problem with varnishes lol.

    Love the essie colours together gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for stopping by the I Love my Post hope - really hope to see you again next week. I'm also your newest follower yay!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol knew i couldn't be the only girlie out there with a little nail polish problem lol your welcome its a fab link up and thankyou so much for following :D

      Delete
  9. I love getting my nails done, I also love all the colors! The colors you guys picked are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :D i love getting my nails done to, its so relaxing and i love spending ages picking out my colour lol :D

      Delete
  10. I really like the idea of painting the ring finger a different color. :)

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great :) i like it when the colours are really different so it really stands out, was my sisters idea :D

      Delete
  11. ADORE the metallic :) I am after a metallic nail polish and this looks perfect :) thank you for sharing! you have such a lovely blog too!

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all the new nail polishes for the maybelline fall collection are metallic, they are gorgeous this was my favourite but there was a great mossy green that was metallic too :D

      Delete
  12. I personally think OPI is the best. I like essie, too, but from my experience OPI is better. Places like Ulta sometimes have buy 2 get one free... found you on the favorite post blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i was really impressed with opi, ooh and i love a good bargain will have to keep my eyes open for the deals, thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  13. Love all the nail polish colors. Thanks for reminding me to do my nails with all the cheap/Free nail polish I've gotten. :)

    I'm stopping by from the blog walk. I'd love for you to visit me at http://www.fashionablysaving.wordpress.com

    I'll be liking you on Facebook as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the post :D

      Delete
  14. hehe can never have too many nail polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete