Friday, September 28, 2012

all the single ladies

image via
i am cooking up a reading frenzy this week and there is only one person to blame, my mum. reading is huge in my family, even my sister who has called us all bookworms for the last ten years has finally jumped on the band wagon. when we go on holiday our suitcases contain two things, clothes and books, for me last year it was 10 books for a 2 week holiday and i read every single one of them! so last week when my family came to visit so did the books and after they had gone i had a nice little pile on my bedside table to work my way through as my mum claimed i just had to read all of these :)

so the first one i picked up was by author jane costello, my mum has read her books for a while but i never had so i was excited to be introduced to a new author. i am going to warn you now my reading tastes fall into two distinct categories; chick lit and supernatural novels. this particular one is definitely a chick lit book. the story follows sam, who has been with the love of her life for six years until he suddenly turns around and decides he needs to be a free spirit again by going back to south america! obviously she is devastated but with the help of her two best friends, they concoct a plan to make jamie stay. and so happy carefree sam is born. this new girl has the life of her life at any given opportunity but really she is crying on the inside and praying that becoming more free spirited like the love of her life, he will see the error in his ways and come back to her.

i loved this book!!! i was laughing out loud one minute then shouting at the book telling the characters how stupid they were being the next and finally closing the book with a huge smile on my face as the ending is lovely. this is a nice easy read and like i said it definitely one for those who love chick flicks in book form :D today i'm linking up with heather over at blonde undercover blonde for her weekly book club link up :D

12 comments:

  1. I love a good book recommendation ... thank you! And for the record, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Chick Lit! We all need a break from the "heavy" stuff now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome :D oh yes i love a good chick lit book :D

      Delete
  2. I am a reader too...and so are all my kids...I think they saw the satisfaction I get from reading and wanted some!!
    thanks for this book recommendation...a light, fun happy book sounds like a fabulous book club read!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a great book and i have another couple of them waiting to read so be on the look out for more of these type of reviews. thank you so much for following :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Jess! Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party and for the follow :) I'm now your newest GFC follower!

    Have a great weekend!
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. my gal-pals and I do a little reading group-book club kind of thing...this may be a pick? We also do a book blog hop the first weds. of every month and you are welcome to join! And if you'd like to link up on the Photo Friday Blog Hop- you are welcome to add this or any other favorite post.. It's up all weekend. Enjoy! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah this would be a fab book club read altho i loved it so much i read it very quickly lol ooh both of those blog hops sound right up my street ill be sure to pop over :D thankyou

      Delete
  5. Found you on the No Rules Blog Hop, and I am following you now. Your review of the book was a hoot! You sounded to happy to have read it, and nothing is a better review than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou lol it was fab just one of those books that really made me smile :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for a very informative review. I love a good chick lit book! I will be adding this book to my book list.

    Catriona @ Precious Impressions

    ReplyDelete