Monday, September 17, 2012

in my room there is...

you may have read on here recently that there have been some changes going back home for me that will mean after i have finished my big american adventure i will be living in a new apartment with my sister!!! i am so excited :) after living in the US for 2 years i cannot wait to live with her and as she has been here this past week for a holiday we have been discussing our new place. needless to say i am in full planning mode.

by the time i move in my sister will have been in the apartment for around 9 months so the main decor will be finished (we have already decided on a colour scheme!) so it will just be my room that needs finishing and let me tell you i am so excited. so as you may have gathered my loving lately post this week for rachel over at lalalists is apartment based. here are a few things i have been loving this week :D




some of the main things i have been thinking about are pictured above. firstly clothing storage. i will be having the smaller bed room which means that wardrobes may be out of the question, my mum suggested a clothing rail which i actually really like the sound of as i can kind of show case my clothes as well as storing them. secondly is furniture. i love old suitcase and trunks and i have a set of two back in the UK in black and white with gorgeous buckles. i would love to add these into the theme of my bedroom and think that they are a great alternative to tables for placing flowers and ornaments on. next is bedding, as a teenager a lot of my bedding was pink and even though i am still am a girlie girl i am excited to try adding a big pop of colour to a neutral colour scheme through bedding :) finally is the love of my old bedroom back in the UK, my books and bookcases. now as you know i am a complete book worm and my little library at home simply wont fit in the new place so i am going to have to think of creative ways to store and display my collection :D

1 / 2 / 3 / 4



24 comments:

  1. love all the pictures you picked out. My friend had a tiny bedroom at uni so she had a rail suspended from the ceiling and a little step so she didn't use any floor space- it looked amazing! (it looked a bit like a shop rail and she had loads of space for long dresses to hang!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that idea and adding a step is genius as i dont think i can afford to lose floor space, thanks for the great tip :D

      Delete
  2. I absolutly love the suitcase night table idea!
    Following you from the GFC blog hop. If you get a chance stop by The Cozy Pink Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color coordinated bookshelf! That is such a fun idea! And the first pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know need to see whether i have enough books (never thought i'd hear myself say that) to do this effectively and if i don't its a great excuse to go and buy a load more :D

      Delete
  4. I love the bedding and the bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! YOu have such a cute blog :)

    I"m your newest follower from the GFC blog hop!
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thats so sweet :D thanks for following i'll be sure to pop over to yours :D x

      Delete
  6. Cute blog. I'm a new follower via twitter. laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi love the blog now following via followers to friends! xxxx
    http://xteaseflutterpoutx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these ideas! I found a great chest at the goodwill and have plans to decopage it with pages from books! I can see that sitting in your room. I found you on the blog hop and am following now!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the idea of covering the chest in book pages, that will look amazing!!

      Delete
  9. I love the openness of the first photo. It looks so clean. I also like the color coordinated bookshelf.

    Stopping by from WW link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gorgeous isn't it, lets see if i can pull it off lol

      Delete
  10. Love the colorful pillows and quilt. I couldn't help but to be happy if that was adorning my bedroom! Thanks for visiting today. Following you back from the Friends to Followers hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right i'm thinking neutral colour scheme with really wow bedding :D

      Delete
  11. Thanks for linking up I have followed you back. I love these pics, you have great taste!
    Sylvia @ sweetpeasylvie.com x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aah! You are so cute! It seems like you have a great sense of style. I had almost zero style when I was younger! (Not much more now though. Ha ha!)

    I'm so glad you entered our group giveaway so I could "meet" you! Be sure to come back tomorrow and link up with the Weekend Blog Walk! :)

    Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks thats so sweet, i just like what i like lol loved your giveaway, some great prizes :D

      Delete