Sunday, September 23, 2012

lipbalm loving

It's Tuesday which means it's time for Loving Lately!

Glossy Blonde
 
This is a weekly link up hosted by the fabulous Carly, Kristen, Niki & Rachel!  Join us and link up what you're loving lately! Whether it's fashion, color, crafts, interiors, beauty products, yummy and delicious, or really anything else, we want to know!
Rules
1. Follow Your Hosts and Co-Hosts
They are the first 7 in the linky! Carly @ Lipgloss and Crayons Kristen @ The Wright Stuff Niki @ Glossy Blonde Rachel @ La La Lists This week's co-hosts are: Amber @ Obviously Obsessed Brighton @ Dear Brighton Jess @ The Lily White English Rose
2. Grab a Button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Loving Lately!
3. Link Up!
Link up your post on what you're loving lately! Please do not link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Loving Lately"!   We are so happy to have you link up, and we do go through and read all of the posts, so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link.  And we don't want to have to do that!  So please share the love and include a link back!
4. Mingle
It's a linky party after all!
Visit some of the other posts in the linky and say hello!
5. Tweet!
Help us promote and grow this party! Send a tweet and let everyone know you linked up!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found my loving lately idea for this week while i was moving everything over from my favourite handbag, which has sadly had to be replaced as i have used it to death, and found six lip balms in the the bottom of bag. now i hate chapped and sore lips as much as the next person but i thought it was slightly excessive that i carry round six of these little lip savers on a daily basis. so this got me thinking how many do i actually own?

the answer...14!!! i own 14 lipbalms, this doesn't include lipsticks, stains or glosses that is a whole other story, this is just how many sticks of lip smoothing magic i carry around in 2 handbags and my make up bag. so it seems that apart form my little nail polish addiction i also seem to have one for lip balms and hadn't realised it lol. i love burt's bees tinted lip balms, eos, revlon lip balm stains and the old faithful carmex. my other little revelation when i find a good lip balm formula i like to try all the variations of colour and flavour, as you can see form the picture. 

my current favourite is the korres lip butters. i have heard so much about these in the blogging community that the other day when i popped into sephora i thought i would try one for myself and see what all the fuss was about. currently i have the shade pomegranate, a lovely sheer coral colour, but already i'm planning picking up quince, a sheer rose tone, and jasmine, a sheer neutral pink. the formula is lovely, gliding on so easily and creating colour that not only lasts but is seen straight away with very little product. apparently my little collection may be getting bigger again lol :D



Glossy Blonde
 Let's get this party started!

16 comments:

  1. EOS are my addiction! its funny that both you and obvie obsessed blogged about them! lol Thanks for co-hosting1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love them :D and after seeing obvie obsessed post i am craving the other 3 flavours :D

      Delete
  2. love it!!! i just tried eos and i'm loving it! now i want to run out and try the korres! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are fab, the korres colours are so nice but i just love the shape of the eos ones :D

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I haven't tried the Korres before. Good to know! I love all of your other picks! Cute blog girly!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the korres ones are my new favourite, a little pricey for a lip balm, but so so nice :D

      Delete
  4. You can never have too many lip balms! I love the EOS balms. And the Burt's Bees tinted ones are great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can see from my pic i totally agree, you can never have too many lipbalms :D

      Delete
  5. I'm right there with you - I have wayyy too many lip balms and glosses but they're my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep lip balms are my weakness that and nail polish :D

      Delete
  6. I have been wanting to try the Korres Lip butter. Glad you like it!

    Erin
    www.casualstayathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so great, i cant wait to grab a few more - quince and jasmine :D

      Delete
  7. I love the burts bees balms and I'm also a big ran of EOS but I've never tried the Korres before. Looks like I'm taking a trip to Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really nice very pigmented but a little pricey but i cant help it i love lol :D

      Delete
  8. WOW! I love Burt's Bees and have been toying with the idea of the EOS lip balms. Are they better than the mango butter Burt's Bees because I buy that in double packs lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly i prefer the eos balms to the burts bees for nourishment and the flavours are great but if im going for colour i go for the burts bees or my new korres one :)

      Delete