Sunday, September 16, 2012

nail polish swappies

i could not wait to write this post, last month i put my name down for my first ever swap and today you gorgeous girlies get to see the results :) rachel over at lalalists and carly at lipgloss and crayons created an amazing swap, the nail polish swap, which as you know was absolutely perfect for the nail polish addict over here.

i was partnered with the lovely amber who blogs over at viola pearl and as part of the finding you a good match we were asked what type of polish we like best, i said deep colours and boy did amber hit the nail on the head. she very kindly sent me smokin' hot by essie, a lovely purply grey colour, and sapphire siren by maybelline colour show, a gorgeous dark blue, as well as a sally hansen leopard print nail file :D

these were such lovely picks and even though i've already sent a thank you email i feel another thank you to amber is in order as these were such lovely matches for me. that is the other thing i loved about the swap, choosing shades for other people. i didn't think i would enjoy it as much but it was really fun trying out loads of colours trying to fit them to the description we were even :D i loved being part of the swap and would definitely part take in another one, thanks to all the girlies involved :D



14 comments:

  1. It looks like you got great colors, I especially like that Essie shade! Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was so lucky, amber was a fab partner and so lovely to get to know :D its such a lovely shade, perfect for fall :D

      Delete
  2. I love that Essie shade, so pretty!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its very pretty, kind of purply greyish :D thanks so much for making such a fun swap i loved being part of it :D

      Delete
  3. I really want to try Essie, but it is kind of spendy. Is it really better then other nail polishes?
    I am now following you back :)
    Myranda
    www.prettylivingpdx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love it as it has so many gorgeous colours and for me it lasts on my nails a good 3 days without chipping. it ca be abit pricey but having lived in both the uk and the states i find it affordable in the US :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. its so pretty, i love it :D thanks so much for the swap it was so much fun and such a great experience :D

      Delete
  5. So sad I missed this swap! I have way too many nail polishes, but I could always use more!

    New follower from Follow Me Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a great swap!! :D the creators rachel (lalalists) and carly (lipgloss and crayons) did an amazing job :D

      Delete
  6. Love the colors! so so gorgeous. I have so many nail polish and still buying. crazyyy me but i can't help it. the colors are just so pretty.

    I am follower from GFC Hop and Follow me wed hop

    pls visit my blog:
    www.rosdianalittleworld.blogspot.com and follow back will ya! thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know the feeling, i am a nail polish addict and my collection just keeps getting bigger and bigger lol :D

      Delete