Thursday, September 27, 2012

stila autumn shades

i have a confession for you, i am loving cult brands at the moment, seriously i just can't get enough of them. this time its stila, i popped into nordstrom rack again (deadly i know) but after my luck with my bargains from urban decay i couldn't resist and boy i wasn't disappointed :) this time my hidden treasures were from stila and even though i don't think that they are actually from this fall collection they couldn't be more perfect, so for this week these are my current crushes for the link up bought to us by the lovely danielle over at framed frosting hosted this month by kristen at the wright stuff :)

first up is a santa monica boulevard eye shadow set with the shades coy (light beige with slight gold shimmer), mystic (deep shimmery green/teal) and poise (a shimery plum). these kind of colours just scream fall to me; its all about purples and greens with a little burgundy and brown thrown in to the mix. the pigmentation on these eyeshadows is great and a little really goes a long way. now i wouldn't normally wear the green on my eyes but when i started playing around with it adding hints of it in the crease it really brought out the chocolate colour of my eyes so i will definitely be experimenting with this a bit more. the cream and purple colours together makes a very nice look too with lots of blending :)

the other bits i found were in a set, the stila forever your curl curl memory mascara and two smugde stick waterproof eyeliners. now i haven't tried the mascara properly yet as i am still loving my nxy doll eye long lash mascara but i am intrigued by the name and cannot wait to see if it lives up to it. the smudge sticks came in stargazer (black with slight silver shimmer) and oscar fish (brown with slight gold shimmer). these both look amazing, they go on really creamy, last ages and as the name states as really easy to make a smokey eye look with. normally a black eye liner girl, i was surprised when i actually liked the brown better. maybe its because its a very fall colour but i cannot get enough. its natural enough that it just emphasises my natural eye shape but the shimmer just sets it off beautifully.




10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via the hop & now a follower on GFC & Bloglovin! Love your site!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou thats so sweet and thankyou so much for following :D

      Delete
  2. Just found you through the blog hop :) I really like your nail polish, what is it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im wearing essie recessionista in these shots, im doing the nail files linkup 2moro with better pictures of it if you fancy stopping by :D

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the make up I see at Nordstrom Racks! I wish there was one close by our new place though! LOL

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so great i always find some hidden gems in there just have to drag myself away quickly before i buy the whole place lol :D

      Delete
  4. Love this make up....interesting blog.
    Oh I cannot find GFC button,so I will come back again to join with you via GFC,now I am heading to your 'pinterest' profile....
    Regards,
    Amy
    http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, im abit of a make up fan lol gfc is just in the side bar underneath the blog archive :D

      Delete
  5. I love stila. Been a fan since I tried it earlier this year! The mascara works great for me. Believe it or not, I love loreal for mascara too. I loooooveee long eyelashes. Ha.

    Thanks for linking up today!

    xo
    SEL [co-host]
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im quite excited to try it, i love full curled eyelashes so if this does what it says on the tin ill be one happy girl. i am loving stila at the moment next i think im going be going for one of their convertible colours, love the packaging for them so cute :D

      Delete