Friday, September 14, 2012

the nanny diaries

image via
omg it feels so good to be doing a book review post. i haven't done one of these for weeks mainly because i haven't read a single book in weeks, i know shock shock horror horror right! i'm blaming this on netflix - i found all the current grey's anatomy seasons. so bedtime reading slot turned into grey's slot for now lol. but i found a real treat of a read after my little reading vacation.

the nanny diaries by emma mclaughlin and nicola kraus follows student nan as she seeks a nanny job to help put her through school but the family she finds become way more than a job. the first thing i loved about this was how the authors kept it all very anonymous calling the main character nanny and the family the x family. it lets the novel be completely honest.

secondly was the theme itself. as a live in nanny/au pair i was really interested to compare my on personal experiences with the imaginative ones in the book. now let me say one thing, i am not sure if the authors have had personal experience as nannies or just spoke to a lot of them but some little things in here may be true but the most of it from my own personal experience is written purely for fiction but that doesn't make it any less interesting. the crack head mom turning the kitchen into an all out food fight war zone had me in stitches and i am still hoping to meet a tall, gorgeous college guy in an elevator :D this is a new take on chic-lit, i loved the story line although did feel that the ending was very quick as if there was going to be a sequel but i am yet to find one :( today i'm linking up with heather over at blonde undercover blonde :D

8 comments:

  1. Hey girl...there is a sequel!! It's called Nanny Returns! I haven't read it yet but I definitly want to!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG really!! :D yeah i'll have to find it thanks for the tip :D

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the book and even the movie turned out pretty good!
    Thank you for this wonderful review!

    And I didn´t know about the sequel either!!!!!!

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i must have been living under a rock i had no idea there was a movie either!! lol

      Delete
  3. This book is seriously amazing!! Now I am all excited about the sequel that I didn't even know existed. ;)

    http://feedingthehungrymind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know me either super excited to read it tho now :D

      Delete
  4. I loved this book, but I was really disappointed with the movie. I have read the sequel and while I did enjoy it, it wasn't nearly as good as this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know thats always the problem with sequels they have a lot to live up to and rarely do but am looking forward to reading the second one and comparing :D

      Delete