Friday, October 19, 2012

ballet slippers


so a bit of my clean freak nature raised its head the other day and i have sorted out my nail polish into summer and winter shades, the summer ones are now in a lovely little box so that i have way more space on my dresser. seems that my fall/winter colours are split into 3 definite styles; darks, glitters and neutrals. this little gem sits firmly in the neutrals section.

essie ballet slippers is a very sheer baby pink, as the name would suggest very ballet-esque. it is a gorgeous shade but unlike the other essie colours i have tried (little bit essie obsessed so quite a few lol) it needs a good three coats to be opaque and because i like a really solid colour without even a hint of a streak i even went as far as applying a fourth. faffy? hell yes! but the colour is just so lovely i couldn't not do it lol and if i have an entire evening free i would put this aside to apply this colour lol so the manicure takes forever but i am in love with the colour so for me its worth it lol.

i'm sharing my love of ballet slippers with the nail files from tara and vicki over at fabulous but evil and my vickilicious life and with manicure monday :D

17 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour! I have a Ciate polish that is very similar and it needs a good 2-3 coats to cover, but the colours are worth it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color, one I've always wanted to try! Just noticed on your blog that you're living in Seattle... I grew up there for part of my life! It's a great city, hope you're enjoying it!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 
    deborah lippmann/fresh giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail polish organization sounds like something right up my alley!! I've got all of mine thrown in a "make up bag" right now...def need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this color quite a bit. I've been collecting various shades of colors for weeks now to give my daughter oodles of them for Christmas (probably it will be her favorite gift, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I love that color!! It's one of my faves. Your blog design = so cute!
    Emily @ Dirt & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please! Such a pretty color. Where do you find is the best place to buy Essie nail polish??

    I'm one of your newest followers via the blog hop! Excited to follow along.

    -Laura
    http://robandladi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty color - I may have to copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color. I am a Essie fanatic too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was my very first Essie purchase!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is quite a gorgeous color, but oh my - four coats! Worth it - your nails aren't streaky at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this color for when I have interviews or my mom yells at me that I need to tone it down for some family function. It's my "professional" nail color haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just added myself to the co host blog hop you did over on meet me on the brightside and are now following you, lovely blog :D

    http://penelopesbeautyobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love essie, I own this color because it's the perfect pink/white looks great on you

    Your newest visitor from {Follow Me Wednesday Blog Hop}, and would love if you could follow us at http://prettysquared.blogspot.com

    Stay pretty, Miranda M. and Mackenzie M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to so say but your blog doesn't support the title that you have provided.

    Men Shoes UK

    Thanks
    Barker Marine


    ReplyDelete