Monday, October 15, 2012

fall make up must haves

it is definitely fall now, the summer weather has gone and my coat is making an appearance more and more, next it will be the scarf and gloves lol so for todays post i thought i would share will you what make up trends i am loving for fall now we are definitely there :D

nails
for there are two main looks for fall when my nails are concerned. the first is deep dark colours, i'm talking berry hues, lots of purple and burgundy. i love this look it always remind me of the gorgeous colour you see in the trees this time of year. the other look i can't get enough of is glitter, yes its a little christmas but this look always reminds me that the holiday season is just around the corner :D and for me with this one any colour goes!

image via
1 / 2 
lips
this is a big one and a bold one, it always takes me a few days of wearing this at home to get used to the look before i venture out into the big wide world wearing a bold berry lip. this look is a little gothic so i always pair it with a very simple face and neutral defined eyes. as the blog name suggests i have a very pale skin tone so tend to go for colours with more red than purple as i find them a little dark for me :)

1 / 2 / 3

eyes
my favourite look for fall is one that i think can be and do pull off all year round, metallic eyes. i love updating the neutral eye with a pop of gold or bronze but for fall i have seen and loved make up artists adding dashes of pink or green to the metal palette. another way to add this trend into a classic look is to mix some mettallicness into a smokey eye. gold blended into a bronze smokey eye or silver blended into a full black smokey eye.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4




11 comments:

  1. Wow, I so wish I could pull of the eye makeup!! Those colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color Emma Watson is wearing! And the 3rd and 4th eye shadows are my favorite- SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lover everything here! I need to get new nail polish colors!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore purple polish for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark lips and polish are my favorite things about fall! I have to admit though I'm crazy for the glittery nails too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been a fan of the metallic eyes but my hands are always too shaky to pull off eyeshadow itself. Much kudos to those who can!! And the dark lips oh my gosh, so beautiful - especially the middle color!!

    Found your blog through the blog hop and so happy I did. New follower over here! Follow back so we can keep in touch girl :)

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  7. The look 3 eye makeup is amazing ._. I want to try that so much! So lots of golds this year :D Beautiful!

    -Jae
    foodandink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love the sparkles, That green nail polish I think I will have to hunt down it is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to avoid sparkles during the fall, myself! I love neutral tones (nudes, burgundy, grey's) polish wise. I rock the heck out of some brown smoky eyes all fall as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of these looks! New follower from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this post! :)
    I'm your new follower from the blog hop!

    Pastel Bokeh

    ReplyDelete