Saturday, October 6, 2012

liebster award

image via
hey guys :D i had a lovely comment yesterday telling me that i had been awarded a liebster award by elise and kelley over at pepp and tink beauty!! honestly i was so shocked and can only say thank you a million times to these very kind girls :D being relatively new to the blogging world i didn't really know what is was so i did some research. it turns out that the award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. liebster is german meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome (quite a list but each one utter lovely!!)

here are the rules:

  • each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
  • they must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them
  • they must then create 11 question to ask the bloggers they have tagged
  • they must then choose 11 bloggers to award with less than 200 followers
  • these lucky people must be told
  • there are no tag backs

so here are my 11 things about myself :D

1. jessica is my sunday name or for when i'm being told off, my name is jess 2. all my family actually call me bean, this is also what i call my sister and my mum 3. i own far too many nail polishes 4. i live in seattle and work as an au pair caring for 3 boys 5. but am a true english girl at heart 6. i couldn't live without my ipod 7. i watch far too many programs; vampire diaries, gossip girl, supernatural, once upon a time to name but a few 8. i am so excited its finally autumn 9. i have never not had a cat in the house i have been living in 10. i want to backpack around europe 11. i have 11 months left living in america

these are my question from elise and kelley and my answers;
1. what is your favourite make up brand? has to be revlon, i love all of their lip products and nail polishes and am currently loving the revlon colorstay 24 hour foundation in shade 150 buff. this is the best foundation i have used so far and is a perfect match to my skin
2. what is your favourite season? has to be autumn, i love fires and candles and lots of layers with scarfs, jumpers and cardies. plus autumn has halloween and bonfire night :D
3. if you could live anywhere where would it be? i have fantasies of living in paris even though i have never been, i just love the idea of it - eiffel tower, macaroons, chanel, french greetings and wearing stripes all the time (little idealistic aren't i :p) 
4. what made you want to blog? i started blogging because it was a way of keeping all of my thoughts, feeling, opinions and adventures in one place. i have always loved scrap booking and journaling so this for me is another way of doing that. having people sharing all of this was new but i have found that it is one of the most rewarding things about blogging and this is what motivates me to keep doing it. not only do i get to "virtual scrapbook" but i can meet new people and share theirs too. 
5. favourite movie? any one of the harry potter movies
6. which celebrity is your style icon? emma watson has amazing style
7. are you a morning person or a night person? definitely a night person, mornings and me don't mix
8. who is your favourite blogger? my favoruite blogger is vivianna does makeup, she has a fab blog with amazing recommendations and i am always being introduced to new amazing products through her. her youtube channel is also great :D
9. are you going to dress up for halloween? if so what is your costume? of course :) i am going as a witch and have a pair of black and white stripy tights that i cant wait to wear. the boys i work with also want me to paint my face green "so i look like a proper witch" but we will see lol
10. what is your proudest moment? getting on the plane to america by my self and starting my new life out her in the states :D
11.what is your favourite holiday? anywhere hot and with my sister!!

drumroll please my nominees for a liebster award are:

this ladies and their blogs are fab make sure you pop over and visit and now my questions for you lovely ladies are these;
1. describe yourself in three words?
2. what is your favourite thing about blogging?
3. what place do you feel happiest?
4. favourite book?
5. one make up essential you can't live without?
6. sweet or savory?
7. how long have you been blogging?
8. favourite holiday season?
9. who do you admire most?
10. if you could go back in time what era would you visit?
11. is the glass half empty or half full?

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the liebster! Quite an accomplishment! :) I'm a huge Harry Potter fan too, and gosh, who doesn't love Emma Watson?

    Stopping by from the Weekend Blog Walk

    <3Hima
    My Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :D me too they are my staple in my dvd collection lol i know she has amazing style :D

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post. Congratulations on winning this award. I am a new Follower from the Friday Chaos Blog Hop. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou two times lol :D have a great weekend :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! This is so great! And I loved learning more about you... Glad you like America! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations... what a huge compliment and a lovely award to win!! I LOVE your blog and am your newest follower! I was hoping that you'd hop on over to my blog and follow me back if you like it.

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You have a really cute blog design! Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hosting the Aloha hop with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award! I think it would be amazing to live in France. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know

    mypinkhotpants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! That is such a great award!

    xoxox Ellen from http://ellenyu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! Great blog, and wonderful posts, your newest friend, Mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there! I saw your blog on Beauty Blogger Club, and I'm now following you via GFC... :) I hope you would also join my blog link exchange....

    hugs and kisses:)

    http://officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com/p/blog-link-exchange.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so lovely so well deserved on the Liebster Award! I'm a Brit now living in Baltimore so I know how yu feel. Fall is so nice though isn't it in the USA?

    ReplyDelete