Friday, October 5, 2012

summer with my sister

image via
this book is another one on my mum's "you must read these jess, you will love them" list that she left me. i'm slowly working my way down the list. only one more left, which will probably be next weeks book club review, for the link up with heather over at blonde undercover blonde, so make sure you pop over for that :)

summer with my sister spoke to me immediately, having just spent a week with my sister this was the perfect topic to read about. the other thing i noticed and loved was what i thought were similarities between the two main characters and my sister and myself. clare has the family while polly has the career. for as long as i can remember these are how my sister and me have described ourselves, she being the family focused one me loving my career.

the story is great mainly because of the idea of sisterhood, one loses everything and even after not speaking much over the last twenty years the other takes her in and helps her rebuild. but this wouldn't be chick lit with out he romance which comes in this one as an old flame and the local doctor :) i loved this book, it was nice to read, put a smile on my face and made me appreciate how lucky i am to have my sister :D

17 comments:

  1. Perfect post since I need a new book to read. New follower via the blog hop.. I'd love a follow back. :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks for following, glad you liked the review, it was a great easy book :)

      Delete
  2. really does sound like a good book! i'll have to add it to my list!
    following your blog via the aloha friday blog hop!
    looking forward to future posts!

    http://quitetheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really enjoyed it and would recommend :) thankyou for following :)

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for Liebster Award check out my post for the rules/questions :) pepptinkbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thankyou, that is such a honor ive never had this before!! ill be sure to pop over and have a look :D

      Delete
  4. Love this review. I am definitely going to get this book. Sounds like just the book I need. :)

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou it was a great read, if only we were still in summer instead of moving into fall it would have been even better lol

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good one! Lately I've had a hard time choosing books. Not sure why.

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)
    I'll be back later to link up to the party your cohosting. My computer was being uncooperative :P

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i know all to well about uncoopertive computer my laptop decided this afternoon to delete my reading list from blogger-was not a happy bunny luckily all back up now :D

      Delete
  6. I'll have to check this one out! Stopping by from the blog hop. Glad I found your blog! I'm a new reader:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its fab :D i really enjoy it thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  7. Hello! Sounds like a good book. I miss summers with my sister when we were little. I found you through the blog hop and I love your blog. I followed you and would love if you would follow me back!:) Thanks!

    Visit me @ www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was fab, i know i missed my sister so much this summer we used to have a fab time together now and when we were little :D

      Delete
    2. I'm going to have to pick it up and read.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book! Stopping by to spread some Aloha co-host :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE the cover on this book. And the fact that there's an amazing story inside it just makes me want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete