Friday, October 26, 2012

the patchwork marriage

took me forever to finish this book as i have been so busy recently but i finally finished one day while the boys were playing at the park and i have to say my mum choices of book for are just getting better. again i had heard of the author, jane green, but had never read anything by her so i didn't know what to expect when i started this one.

the story follows a family who don't get on at the best of times. ethan and andi marry and hope to make the perfect family with his two children sophia and emily while waiting for their own baby to happen. as with good story things don't happen the way they want it to and when a major event shakes things up even more the family have some serious rearranging to do.

i loved this book, mainly because its not written from just one point of view, we the reader hear from andi, ethan and emily's point of view, as well as a few others, so that we get a different perspective on the situations in their lives. the patchwork marriage is full of drama, tears and a little laughter with  loveable happy ending :)

this is the perfect book if you are looking for book version of a soap opera, think lots of family drama and feuds. i loved it and hope you guys liked my review of it. today i'm linking up with heather over at blonde undercover blonde for her book club link up :) i am also having my first ever giveaway here on the lily white english rose. but tomorrow is your last chance to enter so hurry hurry!! :) enter if you want the chance to win a selection of all my favourite beauty bits including maybelline mascara, elf lipsticks and wet n wild eyeshadows!! click here to enter :D

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read! I'll have to pick it up!
    -Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jess,

    I love the title of your blog. I am following you now.

    I hopped over from Marine Wife, Mommy & Life's blog-hop today.

    I did enjoy reading your book review.

    Happy Saturday!
    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by Jane Green. This seems like a good place to start!

    Stopping by from the linkup! :)
    Easily Entertained

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a ton of Jane Green books back in high school, Jemima J being my favorite then. It's been a while since I've read one by her, but this does seem like one I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need start reading more again. I love to read but am only reading blogs right now.

    Thanks for linking up at Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ♥ Your Newest Follower ;)

    ReplyDelete