Wednesday, November 7, 2012

friends in seattle

okay guys warning right up front, seriously photo heavy post for you today as i wanted to share all the fun things i got up to when my friends from england came to visit me in seattle :) we had such an amazing jam packed week and i loved every minute of it. as it was the first time my friends had ever been to visit me i made sure we played tourists for a couple of days and took them round all the sights of seattle which they loved.

first stop was beth's cafe, seriously the most delicious breakfast place i have ever tried. we all had different dishes and sampled each others and were well impressed. i can say for sure that the waffles and pancakes are to die for. so any one in or visiting seattle make sure you go to beth's, its one not to be missed. we also did what i would call seattle's big attraction, the space needle and after weeks of cloudy skies, the clouds cleared for us and we were able to see the amazing view of mount rainier behind downtown. next on our tour day was the emp, a places dedicated to music, pop culture and sci-fi and we had a whale of a time playing in the scream booth, on the video boards making monsters out of our bodies and making our own science fiction movie complete with dinosaurs.

even after being in seattle for over a year there were quite a few things i had never done before and my friends made sure we did them all while they were here. so first up was the aquarium. i haven't been to one in years and after going don't know why, it was so much fun!! they had the most humungous octopus and some really cute otters that i'm pretty sure we would have taken home if we were allowed lol. then to finish off the week we went to an all american football game and to play the part had the home team, seattle seahawks, t-shirts and jerseys on and face stickers. luckily for my first game and my friends only game our team won!!!

i had such an amazing time with them and we did so much in one week we were all exhausted but i am so glad they came as i haven't seen them in over 6 months. i have another post coming for you guys next week with what we got up to when we popped over to the olympic peninsula for a road trip so keep your eyes peeled. and i just wanted to say again a huge thank you to the lovely ladies who guest posted for me while i was away enjoying my little bloggy holiday and time with my friends. having you guys take care of everything for me meant i could just enjoy my friends and not worry about everything so thank you so so much :D x x x





















10 comments:

  1. My hubbie and I love going to Seattle when we get that far south. Where is Beth's Cafe? we LOVE LOVE LOVE a good breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle looks gorgeous! I've always wanted to visit. Hope you liked the football. Also, I basically love being a tourist in my own town. So much fun!

    I'd love it if you checked out my blog -- WWW.rachelroaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love playing tourist with friends and family that visit! Looks like it was such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. XDDD chickens wanted kekekekeke<3
    Glad you were able to spend time with them :) That's too long without seeing friends!

    -Jae Dollason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures, I'm so jealous of you! I'm your newest follower (via the Almost Friday blog hop) & can't wait to read & see more from you :)

    Stop by my blog and say hi sometime!

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you from the hop and would love it if you followedme too :)

    Lyndsay @ theallmylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jess,

    Thanks for joining the Thumping Thursdays blog hop. I'm your newest follower. Your co-host, Karina www.momintheusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cafe sign! New follower from the hop, would love a follow back.

    www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are those guitars?????? We are in Anacortes (just north of you) and visited Seattle a couple weeks ago.. Found you via Thumpin Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That waffle . . . looks . . . divine. . . .

    Thanks for sharing your fun times, Jessica - I love all of this! :)

    Shaylee Ann | Mother {at} Heart

    ReplyDelete