Tuesday, November 27, 2012

laura mercier artist's palette for eyes

i love a good palette and this one has been on my sephora shopping list since it was released and when my friend came to town and we went shopping it was inevitable that it would come home with me, first because thats always what happens when we go shopping together and second lets face it i have no will power when it come to make up lol. 

this little beauty set me back $48 but i am in love. the naked 2 palette has been a firm favourite of mine (post here) since i got it but i might be loving this one even more. it has 12 shadows, a full row of matter shades and a full row of shimmer ones which is great because there are just some days when shimmer simply won't do. the shadows themselves are so soft and blend so easily and with in the palette i think there are a great range of colours. for me the colour pay off is amazing and even the matte shades are really pigmented. i use an eyeshadow primer with all my eyeshadows and for these find that the colours last all day :)

the shimmery shades are chocolate (brown with pink and silver shimmer running through), african violet (my favourite shade and very unique, gorgeous pinky/violet shade with gold shimmer), sable (silvery taupe colour with slight shimmer), guava (soft pink shadow with silver shimmer), cameo (peachy colour with gold shimmer) and finally sunlit (pale gold with similar colour shimmer). sunlit, cameo, african violet and chocolate are all luster eye colours while guava and sable are sateen eye colours. the palette also contains the matte shades vanilla nuts (perfect brow bone highlighter), plum smoke (soft purple/taupe shade), café au lait and coffee ground (loving these shades mixed for my eyebrows, soft brown and a deep brown), deep night ( matte navy blue) and finally rich coffee (very dark brown, almost black).

i am really happy with this palette, the packaging is gorgeous - a soft mock snake skin in the signature laura mercier dark purple shade, i also love that it has a huge mirror in the case, perfect for applying on the go :D overall for me the colours are gorgeous and right up my street, i've been playing with it since i got it and am loving the colour combinations you can create with just this palette. 





l-r chocolate, african violet, sable, guava, cameo and sunlit

l-r vanilla nuts, plum smoke, café au lait, coffee ground, deep night and rich coffee



11 comments:

  1. Love Laura Mercier. And those colors...great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. African violet and Plum smoke look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a gorgeous palette :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really pretty eyeshadows!!!
    really like cameo, deep night and african violet!

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am loving all these fabulous colors! I just found your adorable blog through the blog hop! I am excited to be your newest follower and get to know you! I would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the Urban Decay Naked Palette yesterday and I am in love but this one looks absolutely amazing too. I am a huge fan of Laura Mercier products and although I've never tried any eye products maybe this is the time to branch out! I love the look of the chocolate shade, it's absolutely lovely! :) xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! I sent you an email on Monday about the giveaway you won on Manda's blog... still haven't heard back and I have a F21 giftcard burning in my pocket :)
    Shoot me an email so I can get this shipped off to you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty palette!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know what you think or just follow and I'll follow back :)
    toothfairygardy.blogspot.gr
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love it:) Those shades look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete