Thursday, November 8, 2012

living proof style extender

this is a completely new type of product for me, i have used primers before but never one on my hair. living proof's style extender claims to lock in your style until your next shampoo using a miracle molecule OFPMA. this new molecule is better for your hair than the silicones and oils used in other products as it creates a thin shield around every hair strand. the shield allows hair to become healthier over time while being protected form daily brushing and washing. the primer fights off humidity so frizz is no longer a problem while the shield helps repel oil and dirt so your hair stays cleaner for longer. but the noticeable difference to the hair is its texture, so smooth and glossy.

i received a sample size from sephora with my beauty insider points and was really excited to try this new product out as i had never used a primer anywhere else but my face before. and with all its claims i was interested to see what results i would get for myself. you can apply the living proof style extender to damp hair after washing and then blow dry to maintain your style but it is also a light enough product that using your regular products afterwards is not a problem. i used my tresemmé split remedy and heat protection spray afterwards and my hair didn't feel clogged or heavy.

first of all i have naturally thick curly hair that tends to be on the oily side so i don't like putting too much product in my hair as i find it tends to get greasier quicker. but this product is really thin so i couldn't feel it in my hair and it didn't weigh it down. this also smells incredible, i love the smell of hair salons and this reminded me of just that, whenever i have it on my hair it smells like i have just got home from a hair appointment. i have problems keeping my hair straight after using straighteners as my curls always want to come back and honestly i didn't notice this product doing a lot to help keep my strands straight. but on the other hand my hair was incredibly soft and shiny and my ends which can sometimes look a little dry and damaged looked great.

so for me this didn't do that much in helping to maintain my style but it did give my hair a great finish and made it look a lot healthier. i would use this product more a finishing treatment.




3 comments:

  1. Such an interesting product!!I'd love to try it tho normally i wear my hair naturally curly/wavy. I don't know if it would work that way...

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try this! Your blog is cute and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow first time I hear about a hair primer! Love this! Inspirational post!
    Kisses from Miami!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete