Thursday, November 29, 2012

nail polish swap

today i am so excited to be bringing you a post all about the nail polish swap i entered with some lovely ladies; jessica from my beautiful life, kristen from the wright stuff, melissa from the life of a not so ordinary wife and katlyn from the dreamy meadow.

i was partnered with the lovely ruth from superfluous ambitions and boy was i spoiled by here. when filling out the description box for which type of polish we were loving at the moment i said glitter as i cannot get enough of them right now and she hit the nail on the head. i got a lovely christmas miniatures set and 2 individuals all packed with glitter :D

china glaze merry berry - this is my absolute favourite out of the bunch and am definitely going to be buying the full size bottle once i have used all this mini up which will probably be pretty soon a i have worn it loads already. its a gorgeous darker red with berry tones that is perfect for fall.
china glaze red satin - this is the most festive colour of the set it is a typical red, think holly berry red. unlike some other reds i have tried it is very bright and also as with merry berry you could get away with only one coat, which is great is you are in a hurry. the drying time for these polishes is amazing, i will definitely be trying some more colours from china glaze :D
china glaze winter holly - this glitter polish is lovely, it contains gold and green glitter that has been milled so finely that the polish itself looks like it is a green polish with glitter when in actual fact the polish itself is clear. 
china glaze glitter all the way - i cannot wait to wear this colour for new years its, i think its perfect!! this nail polish is all about the glitter. its a clear nail polish that is packed with so much glitter that after a few coats the nails look like you have just poured multicoloured glitter onto them :)
finger paints laugh my art off - this one is really unusual, it has an almost blue tinted clear polish with lots of blue glitter. i love the effect it creates and the colour its self is really different from any thing else i have so is a great addition.
nina ultra pro boys n berries - i love the colour of the glitter in this polish. i would probably use this layered over another colour as it didn't build well, the photo below seriously took about five coats to make the glitter look opaque. but i would love this over darker polishes, can't wait to play around with colour combinations.

a huge thank you to ruth for these amazing additions to my collection!!!
china glaze merry berry
china glaze red satin
china glaze winter holly
china glaze glitter all the way
finger paints laugh my art off
nina ultra pro boys n berries

21 comments:

  1. That seems like so much fun! Do you know if they'll ever be hosting another swap? Ta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If people are interested in doing another one I'd be willing to host another! :) I am doing a swap coming February so stay tuned!
      Katlyn www.thedreamymeadow.com

      Delete
  2. Hey Hun,
    So I found your blog through That Friday Blog Hop and I am so glad I did!
    I am addicted to nail polish! especially if it contains glitter.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the sparkles!
    following from follow Friend Friday Link Up Party!
    http://deannalw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the sparkle nail polishes!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower! :) love the boys n berries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Berry has to be my favorite, but the glittery polishes are so much fun!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo!!! SO MANY SPARKLES!! I have Glitter All the Way and I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, these look stunning! Now I'm craving nail polish, lol

    Stop by and say hi sometime -- thenakedmanual.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That merry berry color is my favorite- it's so beautiful!

    I would love for you to stop by and say hi! leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you liked them all. To be honest I wanted to keep all those polishes to myself. I also love that you uploaded pictures so that I can actually see what they look like. Sorry about the blog not being up I am currently working on it and had to take it down for a bit. I hope to be back to the blogsphere within the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting post and great photography ~ (A Creative Harbor ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last one is awesome!!!
    I'm here to say hi! I came from Sincerely Paula's linky
    Bisous

    http://ellecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Their all so pretty! Really love the pink sparkly one the best :)
    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got about ten bottles of nail polish for my daughter's Christmas stocking. I can't help myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so many gorgeous colors! i love the china glaze glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for participating! Loving all the colors! China Glaze = Amazingness! :) xo
    Katlyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just when I thought I never wanted another glitter polish again, you changed my mind with China Glaze Glitter All the Way. The multi-colored glitter looks so nice when it's so small!

    Lynette

    a whole new world

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow she did an awesome job!! Really stocked you up on glitter polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the glitters and the red satin - very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete