Tuesday, November 13, 2012

roadtrip!!!

some of you may know that i am a huge twilight fan, i love the books and the movies (yes i am so so so excited for the final film to be out in a matter of days!!!) so when my friend came over to visit me in seattle we decided that she couldn't come all the way here and not visit the place where our favourite story takes place (and yes she is a huge fan like me :D).

so we dragged ourselves out of bed at the unearthly hour of 4.30am to get the first ferry of the day from seattle over to bainbridge island. but the good thing about starting so early was that we got most of the 3 hours of driving done before it got light meaning we still had a full day to do all our sight seeing. the first stop was in port angeles where we had a quick look around but honestly there wasn't much there we wanted to see. so on the recommendation of my host dad we drove for another hour up to the top of hurricane ridge to check out the views. the sky even cleared for us :) then as we were driving along we stopped at lake crescent for a bit of a photo op. it was so pretty with all the autumnal trees and mist in the air while the lake looked like a mirror.

next on our trip was forks!!! here we saw bella's car, the town signs and the houses and of course made a stop for a souvenir t-shirt as a reminder. and of course if we did vampire territory we had to werewolf territory too so off to la push we went. this was great even tho it was freezing. the beaches were gorgeous and we even bought back a bit of driftwood as a memento. last stop on the trip was the hoh rainforest where for a english girl like me i saw the biggest trees i had ever seen!! all in all it was such a good day and well worth the trip even if i did drive for 10 hours lol.
















11 comments:

  1. I am actually insanely jealous of you right now! Take me with you next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun!! Love me some Twilight... especially Edwards dad! Hmmm... :) I already follow you but saying hello from the hop over at Paige's :)

    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks so fun, the photos look beautiful too :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the books, but I don't really watch the movies, but it was still cool to see these photos! So awesome that you made a little trip out there. It looks like such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a scenic place. Your pics are beautiful. I love roadtrips too :)

    Myranda from Pretty Living sent me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool trip! The photos are beautiful! Following you via the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jess, I found your blog from Followers to Friends Blog Hop.. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super jelly right Now! This looks amazing! So much fun.

    Following you via blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo impressed that you got to go to real life Forks. It looks fantastic.
    I'm your newest follower from the Follow Me Maybe blog hop. Looking forward to ready more from you. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what an awesome road trip!

    I love the photos - especially the scenery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I'm so jealous! I'm not a huge Twihard but thats awesome!
    Newest Follower from Blog Hop!
    andyandbrittanymyers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete