Monday, December 10, 2012

dotting tools

with the amount of nail tutorials on youtube it was only a matter of time before i fell victim to them too. i have tried nail art before with tape but actual nail tools area a completely new area to me but i managed to find this cute little set in pretty pastel colours on amazon for less than $3!!! talk about a bargain :)

ive only had a play with them a couple of times so far but am loving them. they are super easy to use and there is no fussy clean up, just wipe the metal tips with a nail polish soaked cotton pad. all i did was simply dip the tool in a pot of polish and make little dots all over my nails for a polka dot effect. yeah its a basic design, but i'm a beginner and after seeing the results you can get with practice; owls, snowflakes and chevrons to name a few,  i can't wait to see what i can create. have you guys experimented with nail art?


6 comments:

  1. Your nail ideas are so cute and inspiring. I always want to grab all my polishes and try something new out after reading your blog!

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh you did amazing on the dotting tools! i got this too. bought them really cheap on ebay hahaha for like .99cent. I love the dots you did on your nail. the color combination is great. I love dotting my nail. I need to get my tools out and start dotting now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My left hand always turns out fantastic but my right hand.....not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this same pack of dotting tools and love them! I love doing polka dot nails (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from the hop! It's funny that I've been on the hunt for some dotting tools this ENTIRE week! Going to head to Amazon to see if I can find these!

    xo's
    www.afabtail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also just bought these and I think they're so good, I love them!xx

    http://charlotteannowst.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete