Saturday, December 15, 2012

the girl with the dragon tattoo

image via
this book has been in my to read pile since i saw the movie last year and this week i finally got down to it on the list. in all honesty i wasn't sure if i was going to like this book as it is not what i would call my usual read, however i did enjoy the film so decided to give it a try.

so those of you that haven't seen the movie or read this book here is a little plot summary for you. "harriet vanger, a scion of one of sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. all these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. he hires mikael blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. he is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy lisbeth salander. together they tap into a vein of iniquity and corruption."

this book had me hooked about a hundred pages in even though i already knew the outcome. it is so fast paced you cannot hep but get sucked into the plot. stieg larsson has created some fantastic characters that feel like they couldn't be more different from one another but having them be so different makes for some excellent scenes. the girl with the dragon tattoo is full of mystery and crime solving and loads of action thrown in. the big mystery itself is complicated so that you want to find the solution but wasn't so over my head that i had no clue what was going on. i loved this book and cannot wait to read the next too :D

9 comments:

  1. This book keeps getting recommended to me and grrr I just haven't had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read this one as well. I wasn't necessarily expecting to like it, but was surprised how quickly I got wrapped up into the plot. I'm definitely planning on reading the next one, and hopefully like them just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a series I have not yet read, but I've heard it is fabulous and should probably make time to read it!

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book, it was so great! I wasn't quite smitten with the second part of the triology, but the third book made it all up to me. If you are really interested in it, I would recommend the original Swedish movie which is really great and totally captures the style and feeling of the book. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this after I loved the movie too! I wanted to read it all the time so I got the audio book so I could listen to it while I drive too! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen both movies but need to read the book - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the first movie and I really liked it. It was super crazy, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my "to read" list! Glad to hear you recommend it!

    ReplyDelete