Thursday, December 6, 2012

twilight rays

this little lovely i actually rediscovered in my collection the other day and after using it this week cannot believe i was silly enough to forget about it. i am loving the nail polishes by the maybelline colour show collection at the moment, this is my third and i have another equally gorgeous colour on its way to me :) the consistency of the polish is thin but the coverage is great, you still only need two coats for a really opaque finish. as for the colour range i think its great, literally rainbow looking on the shelves with a couple of unique shades thrown in here and there, i currently have a dark blue (sapphire siren post here), smokey glittery grey (metal icon post here) and have just bought a dark glittery burgundy (wined and dined). this gorgeous colour is twilight rays, a super glossy black with flecks of gold glitter running through it. i love dark nail polishes but the glitter in this one just adds a little something different to a standard black polish. have tried any of the maybelline colour show polishes?


16 comments:

  1. I've been collecting nail polish for my daughter for Christmas (when I'm done I'll wrap then pretty in a box), and today I just put a color similar to this in there. I like that the sparkles are already in it!

    Visiting again today from Sincerely Paula's No Rules Weekend Blog Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my nails and toes done once a month, but sometimes I can go a tad bit longer. I always get my toes different color each time and always some pic on my big toe & rhinestones (I love bling bling - sparkles). This time it is Rudolph Red & a white snowflake & rhinestones here & there. Love it. My nails - I get tips & it's clear polish with silver glitter. I love it. I've been doing it the same way for two years. Totally cool. I'm your latest follower. Nice to meet you & if you have time come see me & follow too. Maybe even check out my give-aways or comment on a review or too. Sure would appreciate it. Have a rockin' weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving the Color Show nail polishes from Maybelline. I have yet to see this color in my local store but it's lovely! The color payoff is great for the price! :)

    Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jess! I'm from the aloha blog hop.
    I actually just bought that maybelline color for a swap that I recently did :) She loved the color! It looks great! :)
    New follower.

    Sarah
    @loveeesarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. The gold sparkles make them look like stars! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!!!! I LOVE that nail polish. so cute!I found your blog through the blog hop on Tuesday but I'm just REALLY late:) I'm Hanna and I love making new friends!!! I am your newest GFC follower:) Happy Holidays. Hope to see you soon. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this polish, and actually wrote a post about it 2-3 days ago. I didn't really like it though. I love the color, but I couldn't get it opaque without 3 coats, and it took forever to dry between coats. And then, it just kept chipping like crazy. Great post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the hint of gold in this one! - glad i found your cute blog from the friends to followers hop ... excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth

    p.s i'd love for you to drop by lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com and say hi when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty!! Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post
    just found your blog :) and I love it :)
    following u, hope you do the same..kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used that brand before but your nails look FAB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty and very elegant. I love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete