Thursday, January 10, 2013

baker street

after all the reds, golds and for me especially greens i have been wearing for the last few months in the run up to christmas once i saw this colour i knew it would be a fab colour to wear at the start of the year as it is so different from what has been adorning my nails recently. baker street from nails inc is the brightest blue i have ever seen, its nearly verging on neon blue. its one of those shades where you cant stop looking at it, every time i saw a peep of it i had to full on check out my manicure. the thing that struck me most about this was it opacity, to my eyes one coat completely covered my nails and there wasn't a hint of white tip peaking through or streakiness. 

a couple of years ago my nail varnish collection was mainly made up of nails inc shades but in recent years this has been taken over my essie and opi but after this little experience i will definitely be stocking up on some of their other lovely shades, specifically porchester square and jeremyn street both lovely nudes colours with undertones of beige, grey and lavender. using this with a base and top coat it last 3 days without a single chip and if i wasn't the sort of girl who changes her polish a couple of times a week just for the colour change, i think this would have gone on strong for up to a week! in my standards that amazing. bottom line love love love :D

15 comments:

  1. My nails are a mint green today. And I'm following via the Aloha Blog Hop. Cute blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous electric blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last 2 days a bunch of people at my office have been wearing this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous color blue!! Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!~

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a sort of seafoam green polish from this company. Ha Seattle! I lived there for a while. Great food and coffee bars. You should check out Eat Local such a wonderful concept. They have two locations now. I miss the coffee there, soooo good! But I won't lie I do not miss the rain.

    http://stores.eatlocalonline.com/

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had nails for all of about thirty seconds but I found it started to get impossible for me to blog or text for some reason so now I"m back to biting them. Bad habit, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blue! It's SO BRIGHT! *pus on sunglasses* Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love every shade of blue lately. This one is so fun!

    Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colour. I'm so jealous of girls who have nails! (I've tried everything to stop biting them) following from the GFC hop :)

    Summer x

    http://ohsummercandy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the intensity, beautiful color xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it on my FB!

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin the blue:)

    Meg @ Fit Tone Groove

    ReplyDelete