Wednesday, February 20, 2013

current lush favourites

its only recently that i have really gotten into using lush products, before it was just a bath bomb here and there when i wanted something abit different or special. now lush along with a couple of other brands are what i reach for when looking after my skin. today i wanted to talk about two of my favourite products that really help both my face and body.

first up is dark angels. my skin typically is slightly oily and prone to spots and even sometimes acne when lets be honest i just haven't taken as good a care of it as i should have. so when my skin really was bad and after trying loads of things with all kinds of chemicals in it to make it better i decided to go down the route of more natural remedies and off to lush i went. i had heard loads and loads of talk about how good angel's on bare skin was, but the assistant i spoke to said that that wasn't right for my skin type but they did have another similar product which was more suited to my needs. dark angels is a scrub that is so black i was actually scared of using it on my skin. but it contains loads of charcoal which i knew was for purifying having had it in the origins clear improvement mask, which i love. after having used this mask for about a month and a half now in the evenings i have noticed a huge difference in my skin. the charcoal does exactly what it is meant to do, excess oil is soaked up and doesn't come back later on in the day, it is also keeping most of my spots at bay, not all but nothings perfect. i am loving this product and will definitely be buying a bigger tub :D

my other favourite is the cult classic, buffy. i had never heard of this until i read about it on blogs, i had also never used a two in one product like this before either. buffy is an oatmeal scrub that contains body butter, so once you have scrubbed and got out of the shower you dont have to moisturise. this product is lovely, the scrub part leaves my skin so soft while the body butter leaves it so smooth. there is a little bit of residue but not loads so i just end up rubbing it in to help lock in moisture. 

have yo tried either of these products? if so did you love them like i did? what are your favourite, im always looking to try more lush products :)

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried either but Dark Angels sounds amazing. I have oily skin too and I've heard how good charcoal is for the skin. Definitely want to try it soon! Thanks for the reviews!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lush addict. I enjoyed the products before, but now I'm bona fide addict. I got started on the hair products; cannot wait to try the charcoal. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lush things xx

    mac lippy giveaway :: 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a lush addict xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried anything like this *o*

    http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, love your blog!
    I've never tried any Lush products and I've always felt like I'm missing out so it's nice to see a bit of a review/recommendation. :)

    It would be nice if you could check out my blog too..
    http://500daysofsally.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Lush in so long. I love their fresh masks though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the link up and am now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog and follow along.
    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its strange to say I have never tried LUSH. I dont have one near me and being big on scents and having very sensitive skin I dont want to order online. Found and following from Beauty Blog Hop:) xx

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use Dark Angels when I go back home and I do like it a lot! I love Lemony Flutter for my cuticles!

    ReplyDelete