Thursday, February 28, 2013

manicure march day 1 - sharpie nail art

welcome to manicure march!!! march is my birthday month so i wanted to do something special and a bit different of my blog so every day of march i will be bringing you a different manicure everyday :) some of them will be gorgeous new colours i have found while others will see me trying my hand at nail art. i also have some lovely girlies joining me for guest post with their favourite manicures and even a sneaky giveaway thrown into the mix as well! i am so excited that this little project i have been working on for the last month has come together and cant wait to show you all the things i have come up with...

this first manicure as many of them will came from inspiration i got from pinterest. the sharpie manicure is for me the easiest way to create nail art as you little draw on your nails with a pen and any little mistakes can simply be wiped away with a little rubbing alcohol. now i didn't have any gold or silver sharpies so i decided to use these calligraphy pens instead, they are more difficult too remove but i fond if you draw the design and apply a topcoat straight after the ink sets with the polish and can be removed so much easier with nail polish remover :)

i am loving polka dots right now so here is my polka dot manicure. i used  the rimmel base coat top coat pro for both my base and top coat and essie lilacism for the full nail colour. i decided to try both the silver and gold colour for the polka dots and am loving both of the colours, the gold really stands out but i love the silver against the lilac :D



9 comments:

  1. So cute and that looks easy enough that I could probably do it! I have a horribly unsteady hand when it comes to doing nail art.

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Definitely going to try it ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dots! So symmetrical with the pen versus a dotting tool. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inventive! :) Very cute!!

    www.canuckbeautyreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I tried to do some sharpie nail art last week but didn't put a top coat on it (because I thought it might smudge the sharpie) - but by morning all the dots had rubbed off! So annoying. I'll try that top coat next time. The silver on purple looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I totally love the silver against the lavender as well! I will have to give this a try. You can also use the end of a makeup brush dipped in nail polish to achieve polka dots as well, but you probably already know that!

    Great manicure! Can't wait to see more!

    Sending you sunshine,
    Rachael

    http://thegrowingtreeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete