Sunday, February 10, 2013

naked basics

one of the things i love best about being a blogger is that you get to read about all the latest products that have been released and that are being loved by the beauty community. after reading so many reviews on products i feel like i know exactly what i am getting when i buy a product and since blogging have not been disappointed with as many of my purchases. 

the naked basics palette by urban decay is one of these products and even though i own the naked 2 palette it wasn't until i read other posts that i realised i was doing what so many others were doing. for a night out my naked 2 palette was the only thing i reached for, as you can literally create so many looks with the 12 colours it contains. but come daytime i would skip this palette entirely and opt for my matte wet n wild trios or the satin shades in my laura mercier artist palette. so when this palette was released i knew it would eventually be added to my collection and last week i took the plunge and splurged. 

to say i wasn't disappointed is an understatement! the palette contains 6 shades - 5 completely matte and one with a slight shimmer which can be used as a highlight, that are all super pigmented and so soft and creamy. the combination creates a really naturally look that defines the eye but doesn't look over done, using venus, foxy, walk of shame, naked 2 and faint. adding more of the intense black shade crave, adds some drama perfect for dressing up a bit. crave is one of the colours that makes this palette, it is so pigmented, for the swatches below i swiped my finger in the shadow once! this is the perfect colour for lining your lash line as a little goes a long way and can be blended really easily for a softer effect. so far i am lovely this palette and it is fast becoming my go to for daytime :D



8 comments:

  1. this is such a cute pallett i need it!! id love you to check out my blog x newest follower x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this on so many blogs! I want to try it so bad!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating on whether or not to splurge & get this. You have made up my mind that I need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been thinking about getting this, however it's quite pricey and my mum has both palettes so whenever I'm home I make the best use of them hahah :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with us for the ''I Love My Online Friends GFC Hop.'' Nice to meet you!! Newest follower! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so amazing I love urban decay eyeshaddows!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete