Sunday, February 24, 2013

ren resurfacing aha concentrate

as you may have seen from some of my more recent posts i have been paying a lot more attention to my skin lately. i have never talked about this on here before but its something that affects my skin and is the reason behind my skin care needs. 

around 5 years ago i was finally diagnosed with PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome. in very unscientific terms it means that i have an imbalance in my hormones which in my case, and i must stress this as every case is different and people can experience entirely different symptoms and at different levels, means that i have very irregular periods, if any at all, acne prone skin, i find my weight very difficult to change and later may lead to conception problems. the one for me that has always been the pain is the bad skincare as i am comfortable with my curves and at the moment babies aren't in my immediate plans. so i try product after product that claims it will get rid of my spots, blemishes, acne - whatever you want to call the annoying bumps on my face lol and the scars they leave behind.

i have heard alot about products that use chemical exfoliation to leave the skin looking brighter, smoother and more healthy. after much umming and ahhing about whether to try out the alpha h aha concentrate or the ren resurfacing aha concentrate i finally went with the ren one as the brand itself is fab and is not as harsh as the other one. this claims to " gently exfoliate so skin appears radiant, even toned and smoothed. reduces the appearance of pore size and fine lines. improves moisture retention and the efficacy of you skincare routine."

it was the even toned and pore size that i was drawn to and hoped to see a change it. i have been using the ren resurfacing aha concentrate for the past month twice a week and honestly have seen an improvement :)  this is nice as even though it is a chemical its not at all harsh and all i can feel is a slight tingle at first, which i like to think means its working lol. after applying this at night the following morning my skin feels so soft and i have noticed that the scarring i have along my jaw line from acne is slightly better, now i don't mean its gone but as i see it everyday i can see that its faded slightly. you only have to use one pipette full at a time so this bottle is going to last me. have you tried a chemical exfoliant before?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds excellent if it works well for your skin xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have PCOS and really hate how it affects my skin! This sounds like a great product that I will definitely be trying!

    Have you tried cliniques anti-blemish range? I have noticed a huge difference with their products too.

    Emma xx

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you felt before knowing you had PCOS? I'm really curious about these type of problems, and the symptons, etc!

    http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I have ventured over from the GFC blog hop. I'm enjoying this little peak into your world! XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete