Thursday, March 14, 2013

manicure march day 15 - my vickilicious life guest post


Hey there!  I'm a fellow March baby like the lovely Jessica.  In fact, as of March 28th I will be 30 years old! This is rather terrifying! LOL ... I mean really, when did I get so old?! HAHA! Anyways ... I've been been getting my nails done for as long as I can remember ... in the 7th grade I got my first set of tips for my confirmation, and I've pretty much been nail-obsessed ever since!  Although these days I have traded in my super-long tips (and I do mean LONG ... I tried to find old pictures but I couldn't) for natural manicures, I still am a firm believer in always having your nails looking pretty!

I tend to not repeat nail colors often.  I love going into the salon and getting something new and exciting on my nails each time! I have wore a lot of nail polishes in my lifetime ... all brands, all colors, all trends ... From airbrush to krackle to glitter to magnetic ... I've tried almost everything.  There is only one trend I will not ever get into and that's the 'stiletto' nail look.  Other then that? Everything is pretty much fair game.

There are, however, a handful or so colors that have become my absolute favorites and I do wear them quite often.  They have become staples in my nail wardrobe, and my go-to colors if nothing else is catching my eye:

OPI: Russian Navy
Source: opi.com via Vicki on Pinterest


Essie: Wicked


Source: essie.com via Vicki on Pinterest



Essie:  Glamour Purse

Source: essie.com via Vicki on Pinterest
Essie:  Lady Godiva

Source: essie.com via Vicki on Pinterest
Essie:  Chinchilly

Source: essie.com via Vicki on Pinterest



Essie:  Soulmate

Source: essie.com via Vicki on Pinterest



My nail obsession has even made its way over to my blog! The Nail Files (#thenailfiles) is a weekly linkup I co-host where every Friday we all link-up our latest manicures, favorite nail polish colors, colors we are lusting over, trends, basically anything nail/manicure related!!!

Thanks Jess for letting me take over your blog today :

1 comment: