Saturday, March 23, 2013

manicure march day 24 - l'amour josie guest post

Fuchsia Glitter - £3.89

When the oh so lovely Jess asked me to take part in Manicure March (happy birthday month Jess!), I got excited. There's not much I love more than a nice nail polish, and my readers are regularly over exposed to glitter and nude nails. Being able to share two of my favourite things with you was an opportunity I couldn't turn down!

When I was deciding what to post about, I chose to go for one of my most neglected polishes - Chanel's Frenzy - alongside a newbie, Boogie Nights. Frenzy created quite the stir in 2012, and after receiving it for my birthday I wore it a couple of times, liked it, and then lost it in my sea of neutral polishes. After digging it out, I paired it with Boogie Nights, and was really pleased with the results. I've always got on well with Models Own polishes, and Boogie Nights is no exception. Released as part of the MirrorBall collection last year, this top coat packs a glittery punch against the simplicity of Frenzy.

For those who don't fancy shelling out a fiver for a nail polish that they'll most likely only wear on one finger, I decided to get a bit crafty and come up with a budget alternative. I already had this craft store glitter hanging around from my card making phase, so I poured it on to a clear top coat and managed to create a fuschia statement nail for a purse friendly price.

So there we have it. An every day nail polish with a glittery twist. Are you a fan of statement nails, or do you like to leave your neutrals just like that - neutral?

7 comments:

  1. The Chanel nail polish is a beautiful colour, I'm not a massive fan of glitter though as it's so hard to get off! Nice idea though :)

    http://lexiaa2202.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a massive fan of glitter so this was right up my street. Great guest post Josie :)

    Rachel x
    so-she-dances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that subdued purple! I'm a fan of glitter on accent nails...but I always regret all over glitter when it comes time to take it off!

    Stopping by from Monday Mingling :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Chanel Nail color! So pretty! I am a new bloglovin follower of yours and I found you on the Monday Mingling link up. I love nail polish- I am excited to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boogie Nights looks amazing on your swatch!!! Great Post!

    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love that models own nail colour. I've been looking for that brand everywhere but I don't think they sell it in Canada :(

    Love the blog!
    Michelle
    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I like the purple glitter!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete