Sunday, March 3, 2013

manicure march day 4 - chevron nails


I have been seeing chevrons everywhere recently especially on Pinterest, got to love that site, they have popped up on clothing, walls and nails and after seeing the pattern morning, noon and night it seemed only right that it make an appearance here somewhere in manicure march. Since this pattern is so bold I decided just to go with it and use equally bold colours. The base is a favorite of mine from last year Essie bikini so teeny with the pattern in revolt color stay in indigo night. I found it easier to use the darker colour to create the pattern as after trying it the other way round it took so many coats for the lovely pastel shade to cover the intense blue. 

To create this look I cut out the chevron pattern using tiny nail scissors out of tape and laid the tape on my completely dried nail, to avoid pulling any of the base colour off. Then I added the second coat of the brighter blue and peeled the tape off straight away. For me this worked better than letting the polish dried as it tended to get stuck. Finally I added a top coat, rimmel base coat top coat pro, to seal in the design. I love this look, it is definitely one of the more stand out patterns I have made for manicure march but I am loving it for both the pattern and the colours I used :)

8 comments:

  1. Those look awesome! I love those blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so well done! Very beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so pretty - you did a great job!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... these look amazing!!!! I wish I was this patient xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and playful nails! Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the nails, they are amazing! You can't go wrong with an essie polish

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete
  7. i just picked up this color today!! can not wait to try it!!

    www.michellemariemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete