Monday, March 4, 2013

manicure march day 5 - rubber band mani by lalalists

Hello everyone. My name is Rachel and I blog over at lala Lists. Today I am here to share a tutorial I did a few months ago that came out great. I saw this on Pinterest a while ago and thought it was worth a try. It is super easy and ads great flair to a simple manicure!

Rubber Band French Manicure
Photobucket
Gather your top/bottom coats, nail and tip colors and a rubber band.
Photobucket
Do a layer of base coat. I am a Seche Vite nut and I love their base coat.
Photobucket
Do your base nail color. Won this great nude in a giveaway recently. Wait for it to dry
Photobucket
Then do a layer of top coat. Wait at least 10 mins to be sure it is 100% dry
Photobucket
Wrap the rubber band around the tip of your nail and run the polish over it.
Photobucket
Experiment! Different width bands might work better.
Photobucket
Wait for the glitter to dry before using another 2-3 layers of top coat.
Photobucket 
Enjoy your fabulous and easy nails!

10 comments:

  1. What a great tip with the elastic band xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from Tea on Tuesday.

    I've bookmarked your tutorial. I'm hoping to give myself a pretty manicure today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tutorial! It's a really good idea. :)

    I'm a new follower from ToT blog hop. I'd love it if you'd check out my blog as well. :)

    Danielle

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SUCH A COOL IDEA! LOVE IT! and i love your nails too!
    Just stopped by for the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess, just wanted to see what you shared for this week's Nail Files. This is super cute. I like it :)

    ***Kali
    Kali Now Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did that with a rubber band. What a clever idea and they came out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from The Nail Files! Such a pretty mani! I am going to give the rubber band a try, but you can also use those white hole fixer thingies for notebook paper! (I don't know what their exact term is LOL)

    Very pretty! Can't wait to see more!

    Sending you sunshine,
    Rachael

    http://thegrowingtreeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea. I love your thumb ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mani - I have been kind of nervous to try the rubber band trick, but you made it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete