Tuesday, March 5, 2013

manicure march day 6 - pastel ombré

Six days in and I have got to say I am loving manicure march so far!! Thank you all for you lovely comments and if you would like me to try any design do let me know as the main thing that I can't get enough of right now is experimenting. A lot of these designs, like yesterday's chevrons, I have never tried and although some are tricky and some didn't turn out as well as I would have liked getting to just play around with new ideas and looks is great :)

So for today going along with this theme I thought I would try my hand at ombré as for the last year it seems to be a style that has been done in so many different areas. I love ombré nails and especially ombré hair! I am actually thinking about getting mine ombré but at the moment am a little concerned about the ends being too blonde because as you can see I have really dark hair, any advice please please let me know in the comments :)

So ombré nails turned out to be really fun especially when I was creating this little rainbow of colours. I love mixed pastels, particularly a mint green and baby pink combo, so I decided to mix nearly all of the ones I owned lol. The actual application was a little messy but I did use the Pinterest approved trick of putting Vaseline everywhere I didn't want to get polish to stop it from sticking to my skin. So after covering my hands I simply used a small sponge and painting the two polishes side by side and dabbed the colour over the nail. Personally I was really concerned with having the middles blend so for me this took a couple of coats but if you are a dab hand at this technique or just want a sheer ombré I'm sure one coat would do :) the only slightly negative thing I found was that the surface was a little bumpy because of the sponge even after I used my top coat so next time I think I will use a small sponge to stop this.

Polishes used:
Sinful colours starfish
Essie lilacism
Essie bikini so teeny
Essie turquoise and Caicos
Essie mint candy apple
Sinful colours snow me white
Rimmel base coat top coat pro

13 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the colors you chose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours look amazing together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really lovely colours xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could do nail art...those look so pretty and spring like. just beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE. I'm slightly obsessed with ombre anything since I got my hair ombred a few months ago, ha. Might just need to try this on a day when I have time!

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that looks so cool!

    http://confessionsofashopaholic23.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love these colors!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so nice. I love ombre and the colours you picked were so nice. I especially like the first one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. :O Oh wow... these look amazing!!! I wish I was patient enough to design my nails like this :D xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I like all the colors you chose

    ReplyDelete