Thursday, March 7, 2013

manicure march day 7 - Essie spring 2013 collection

You all know by know that I am a sucker for Essie nail polishes, I don't know what it is about them...well actually I do lol it's the cute little bottles, the ridiculous amount of gorgeous colours and their even cuter names. So it's safe to say that when I hear about a new collection being released I read the blog posts and hunt through Pinterest for swatches for ages.

Their latest collection is just as lovely with cute pastel shades to take us into spring. The spring collection is all based around founder Essie Weingarten's love of traveling with the names giving little nods to certain cities; bond with whomever for London and avenue maintain for Paris. The colours themselves are gorgeous featuring a smokey blues, lavender and the most gorgeous in my opinion a vibrant soft pink. I was very restrained however and only picked up one shade from the new collection as the other colours already had a counterpart in my collection.

Madison ave-hue is a creamy pink colour that is bright on the nails but still has a pastel edge to it. It also contains tiny silver shimmers which catch the light beautifully and give this already lovely shade something special. As with all of the Essie polishes this applied opaque in just 2 coats and lasted so so well on my nails. This colour will be gorgeous all through the coming spring and into summer if we ever get any sun here in Seattle, the rain has descended unfortunately this week :( but with this one my nails I just can't help being in a happy mood :)

8 comments:

  1. awesome color! and you nails look great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essie nail polishes formula and this colour is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shade! I am after a new Essie polish for the summer x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous shade of pink!
    Just stopped by for the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete