Thursday, March 7, 2013

manicure march day 8 - caviar nails

This might the most impractical manicure ever but it's just so pretty I couldn't resist. When I did my swap with the lovely Josie from l'amour Josie I asked for some of the MUA caviar beads as to be honest they were the cheapest I had seen them and the range is based on star signs which I thought was really cute. I got Gemini and libra, the first is the gorgeous pink beads with a little purple and pale blue thrown into the mix while libra is the black beads with turquoise sprinkled through.

The manicure itself was actually a lot simpler than I thought it was going to be. I painted the nails in the black and soft pink shades as a base, then after they had dried applied a second coat. As soon as I had finished I poured on the beads and pressed down slightly to make sure they stuck to the polish. This was the messy bit on the first nail they went absolutely everywhere so for the next nails I poured over a huge bowl to catch them all. I love the look of this manicure, it's so quirky and enough it won't last very long at all I think it's so so cute :)

Extra bit of news!!! I am now on instagram!!! I have only had it a week and am loving it already, my name is @lilywhiteenglishrose if you would like to follow:)

9 comments:

  1. They do look great. I got to try out Ciate's caviar set and it's really cool, it just doesn't last. But it's still fun. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I really like how caviar nails look, but I fail at it. I tried it once and made more of a mess than anything.


    chevrons&anchors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I didn't know MUA carried a caviar/beaded nail polish but now I want to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... Just popping over and following through GFC from the Aloha Friday hop. Would love if you can stop by my blog and follow back if you like. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    I have never tried doing the caviar nail look but it looks too cute.


    xoxo,
    Melissa
    thisgirlslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun idea! I want to try that out!

    With Love From, B
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad they make kits that are cheaper than the ciate nails. i used to make my own caviar nails!!!

    ReplyDelete