Friday, March 8, 2013

manicure march day 9 - outline manicure

Today I have my new favorite kind of manicure, one that is really simple but looks amazing and looks like it took forever when it only takes two coats. The outline manicure was first seen on the Chanel runway at their haute couture show last year. Here artists reversed the classic French manicure where the tip contrasts the base of the nail by having the outline of the base contrast with the centre of the nail.

I have seen some of my favorite bloggers and youtubers sporting this manicure but by far my favorite was lily from what I heart today. Her take of this new look was metallic and looks sensational. Using her nails for inspiration I used a black nail polish as the base with my beloved Essie penny talk, a gorgeous opaque rose gold shade, for the centre colour. I love the look of this as it is so simple but looks very classy yet different. All I had to do after painting my base black colour, sinful colours black on black, was paint penny talk in the shape shape but smaller, leaving an outline around the edge to let the black peep through.

11 comments:

  1. I kinda like this xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow, I love this combination! This look is a favourite of mine :) and you've done it justice! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these looks there so different and stylish! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice manicure, great combination of colors!

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! I'm also a big fan of the outline manicure, it looks so cool. :)
    Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award as I think your blog is totally fabulous. If you check the link I leave, you can get all the details.
    Have a great day!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very pretty. I've got to try this out, with a frost and a creme.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them , they look sooo cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! I love that rose gold color, and the black makes it so chic!

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love that!

    www.michellemariemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this! Hello. I saw you at the hop social and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. I look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)

    ReplyDelete